SKAGIT COUNTY SERVICES IMPACTED BY COVID-19
Businesses and organizations in our community are being required to ensure social distancing and other health measures in their operations. It is important that the County does the same. In-person services are being limited to help control the spread of COVID-19 and protect staff and the public.
Many County services are available online and by phone.
Below is a list of current schedule changes, cancellations, and changes to service availability. Visit the Department web page by clicking on its name for more information. Normal services will resume once the Health Officer declares that it is safe for County employees and residents to do so. This page will be continually updated with the most current information from County Departments.
- Customer service counter is open to the public with limitations and distancing
- Please see the Auditor’s Office main webpage which includes additional information on how to obtain Auditor’s Office services.
- For further information or assistance, call:
- Recording Department at 360-416-1704
- Elections Department at 360-416-1702
- Accounting Department at 360-416-1700
- Licensing Department at 360-416-1724
- Coroner requests the public’s cooperation on limiting visitors to the office:
- If someone needs to speak with the office, call the 24/7 phone at 360-416-1996
- If someone needs to obtain personal property, those items will be released to the funeral home selected
County Addressing/ GIS/Mapping
District Court Probation
- Before coming in for your scheduled Probation appointment, call 360-416-1275 for further information
Emergency Medical Services
- Public CPR and Stop the Bleed classes are cancelled.
Guemes Island Ferry
- Walk-on traffic should practice social distancing and reduce interaction with other passengers and the crew.
- Travel on the ferry for essential trips only.
- Fare collection is temporarily suspended effective Monday, March 23
- Our ticket office will be completely closed, and no punch cards will be available for purchase.
- FAQ's (Updated 3/24/20)
The Museum is open y. Our schedule is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 11 AM to 4 PM.
- Check Facebook or the Historical Museum website for updates
Jail / Community Justice Center
- Skagit County Superior Court issued an Emergency Response to COVID-19 Outbreak Administrative Order.
- The reception area of Skagit County Office of Juvenile Court is closed to the public.
- To contact our office, please call (360)416-1230
Office of Assigned Counsel
- The glass window desk remains open for business, and the office remains available by phone.
- Phone interviews for screening of counsel are strongly preferred.
Parks and Recreation
- Customer service counter is closed to the public. All business is being completed by phone at this time: (360) 416-1350
- To drop something off or pick something up, contact 360-416-1350 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time
- Parks will continue to be open for hiking, although adequate space for social distancing should be practiced.
- Meetings are taking place online.
Planning & Development Services
- For general questions, call 360-416-1320
- For more specific questions, our staff directory is located here (link)
- Please email applications if possible to PDS@co.skagit.wa.us
- If an application must be dropped off, we will have a drop box located outside our department. Please call first to confirm the drop off.
- Offices are closed to the public
- Attorneys are staffing hearings & available by telephone or email only. \
- To communicate with your attorney via telephone, call (360) 416-1650 and use the dial by name directory. You must know your attorney’s last name.
- For moe information, or to communicate via e-mail please visit our website here.
Public Works: Solid Waste
- Out of County wastes from residential customers are NOT accepted at any of the Skagit County solid waste disposal sites. This is includes regular solid waste, household hazardous waste, or recycling.
Open for fingerprinting by appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00am-11:00am.
Lobby Hours: Monday and Friday 0830 AM to Noon
- Deputies will not be taking complaints at the office .
- Please call ahead if you have questions about what services are available. The Skagit County Sheriff’s Office remains open and is available by phone at 360-416-1911.
- Dial 911 for any emergency situation.
- Online reporting and common forms are available on our website.
- Washington State Supreme Court has adopted Order No. 25700-B-602 granting emergency authority to this Court to adopt, modify, and suspend court rules and orders, and to take further actions concerning court operations, as warranted to address the current state of emergency
- Customers are encouraged to receive services via phone, email, and mail
- Customer service counter is open 8:30 to 4:30 with social distancing limitations.
- If you have questions: Contact 360-416-1750 or email@example.com