The District Court Probation and Community Services Department provides counseling, referral and monitoring services for Skagit County Adult Misdemeanor offenders. We serve the Skagit County District Court, and the Municipal Courts of Anacortes, Burlington, Mount Vernon and Sedro Woolley.
District Court Probation and Community Services supervises a variety of charges such as:
- Domestic Violence
- Driving Under the Influence
- Misdemeanor Sex Offenses
- Misdemeanor Theft
- Misdemeanor Drug Offenses
District Court Probation and Community Services also supervises and provides accounting for Court Ordered community service.
The mission of the Skagit County Probation Department is to facilitate positive offender change and reduce recidivism as we serve the courts, protect the community, and enhance lives through proactive investigation, education, supervision, intervention, and support.
Strive daily to provide the highest quality probation service to our community, our courts, and our clients.
We strive to reach our vision and accomplish our mission by following the
core departmental values:
- Public Safety
- Community Leadership
- Community Collaboration
- Belief in Change
- Strive for Excellence
- Equity and Fairness
- Cultural Awareness
- Being a Learning Organization
- To treat everyone we encounter with dignity and fairness, always respecting individual and cultural diversity
- Act always with integrity and accountability
- Foster an environment that values commitment, collaboration and teamwork
- Value partnerships with Skagit County Criminal Justice Agencies, Associations, Social Services, Municipalities, Tribal Governments and other Community Stakeholders
- Utilize best practice approaches and interventions to promote personal responsibility, social growth, and long term stability
- Accurate reporting to the Skagit County Judiciary