Located in La Conner
"Come to the top of the hill for a spectacular view of Skagit County history"
Nelson & Pearson,
La Conner, WA 1898-9
Swedish immigrants Gus Pearson and Nels Nelson started Nelson & Pearson
Groceries in 1898. The store was located on First St. in La Conner. Some
of the things it offered were canned goods (peas, beans, peaches, etc.,)
fresh fruit such as bananas and apples, tea and Lion Coffee, maple syrup,
pots and pans and seeds.
Back to the Gallery