Located in La Conner
"Come to the top of the hill for a spectacular view of Skagit County history"
& Stitts, Bayview, WA 1905
Bayview was started in 1886 as a logging community. Joseph.C. Stitt was the owner of a shingle mill in the area. In 1889 he and Charles.P. Dickey started a saloon together, but sold it in 1899. They then started a general store. The store would have carried goods for loggers and farmers including clothing, boots, tobacco, logging and farming tools, canned foods, and groceries. A fire in 1910 leveled most of the waterfront buildings, but the store was there in 1920.
Back to the Gallery