Located in La Conner
"Come to the top of the hill for a spectacular view of Skagit County history"
Cockreham General Merchandise, c. 1900 Hamilton, WA
There is little information about this store. Hamilton was first settled in the 1880s and served the logging firms and the coal and iron mines in the area. In 1907 the store is listed in the Polk Directory as Cockreham & Morell, grocers and hardware. Most likely it sold clothing, mining tools, tobacco, lanterns, reading materials, and canned goods. Its owners lived at the Washington Hotel, one of several in the little town of 380.
Back to the Gallery