Welcome to Skagit County

Global Menu

Welcome to Skagit County

Skagit County Logo

November 19, 2021

Skagit County Emergency Collecting Flood Damage Information 

The Skagit County Department of Emergency Management (DEM) is collecting information from Skagit County residents and businesses on damage, including losses, suffered during the flooding event of November 2021.

If your Skagit County home or business sustained damage as a result of this flooding event, you may be eligible for federal disaster assistance as you begin to clean up. Even if you have suffered only minor damage and do not expect to need assistance, please submit a report. Reports are due no later than Friday, December 3, 2021.

Follow these important steps for reporting damages to personal property:

    Step 1: Assess and document the damage
    Identify and make a list of all the damages.
    Take pictures of the damages.
    Estimate how much you think it will cost for repairs or to replace your belongings.
    Step 2: Call your insurance company
    Locate your insurance policy documents (if available) and call your insurance company.
    Report damages. Your insurance carrier will advise you on coverage and additional steps to be taken.

When complete, submit by email via DEM@co.skagit.wa.us. NOTE: An online submission form will be available in the coming days. Until available, please submit all forms via email.

You will be asked several questions including the estimated damage to your home and belongings, as well as your insurance coverage. This information will be used to establish a county-wide damage assessment which will aid the County in potentially obtaining federal assistance.

Important information to have on-hand when filing the Damage Assessment Form:

  • Contact information
  • Address of the damaged property
  • Name of the owner or renter
  • Estimated pre-disaster value of the property
  • Estimated structural damage
  • Estimated personal property loss
  • Primary cause of the damage
  • Insurance type and coverage for the losses and deductible amount
  • Is the property safe to live in (inhabitable)?
  • Is the property accessible?
  • Is the damage major or minor?
  • A description of the damage
  • For those requiring assistance, please call Emergency Management at (360) 416-1850.