Guemes Island Ferry | Skagit County
Discover Skagit County Public Works Ferry, offering reliable and convenient transportation services. Check ferry schedules, explore routes, and access essential information about our services. Plan your journey with ease! Captain Rachel Rowe, Ferry Operations Division Manager Guemes Island Ferry
The official page of the Guemes Island Ferry
NO CASH ACCEPTED
PAY BY CREDIT/DEBIT OR PUNCH CARD ONLY
On July 27, changes to the Guemes Island Ferry fare schedule were voted on and approved by the Board of Skagit County Commissioners with an effective date of August 15.
Here's what to expect:
- Fares will increase by approximately 14%.
- Youth 18 & under will ride free, including youth with a bicycle.
- Non-Youth bicycle riders will pay bicycle fare unless using passenger multi-ride media.
- Standard vehicles will be those up to 22' in length; 20-trip multi-ride media will be available.
- A category for vehicles under 14' in length was originally proposed but not approved.
- Oversize vehicles will be those over 22' in length; 5-trip multi-ride media will be available.
- All multi-ride media (including 25-trip passenger) will be valid for 90 days.
- Multi-ride media non-peak pricing will be retained during peak season.
- The vessel replacement surcharge, implemented in 2018, will remain in effect.
- User accounts will be eliminated.
All fares currently in effect can be purchased through August, 14th, and multi-ride stamped expiration dates will be honored.
Ferry user accounts will be eliminated starting August 15
If you currently have an account with the Guemes Island Ferry, you will no longer be able to charge to that account after August 14. This means all drivers and passengers need to have payment (credit, debit, or multi-ride punch card) at the time of travel. If you would like to purchase punch cards, you can do so at the ferry terminal, by mail, by phone, or online.
For more information about the 2023 rate study, including the new fare proposal, visit the rate study webpage.
Captain Rachel Rowe
Ferry Operations Division Manager
Skagit County Public Works
Anacortes Terminal - 500 I Ave.
Anacortes, WA 98221
Ferry Terminal: (360) 293-6433
Fax: (360) 293-1899