Welcome to the Skagit County Public Wi-Fi Network
Provided in Skagit County government facilities that offer wireless internet access.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Skagit County Government has no control over the information available over the Internet and cannot be held responsible for content or accuracy. Skagit County (“County”) is providing wireless connectivity in this facility as a public service and offers no guarantees or representations that any use of the wireless connection is in any way secure, or that any privacy can be protected when using this wireless connection.
The County cannot be held responsible for any confidential or financial information patrons may send over the Wireless Internet. Use of this wireless connection is entirely at the risk of the user, and Skagit County is not responsible for any loss of any information that may arise from the use of the wireless connection, nor is Skagit County responsible for any loss, injury, or damages resulting from the use of the wireless connection.
A person’s use of the Wireless Internet leaves electronic information in the public domain. Internet communications are not private, nor are they confidential.
The County disclaims any liability for unauthorized security breaches. By connecting to the Wireless Internet users acknowledge all associated risks. The County encourages all users to adhere to good security practices.
County staff is not permitted to support user connectivity issues or user computer issues of any type.
This limited Internet service should be used for occasional access to the Internet only, and should not be relied on as a person’s only means of Internet access. The County does not guarantee minimum Internet connection speeds.
Skagit County may in its absolute and sole discretion shutdown access to the Internet at any time, for any reason including, but not limited to, improper use or viewing of improper/inappropriate material or interference with County business functions.
While using this wireless access, the following uses are restricted
- not violate federal, State of Washington or local laws
- The transmission or receiving of any pornography or harmful material. Access to or display of obscene language and sexually explicit graphics, is not permitted.
- Fraud – Skagit County Public Wireless Network users are prohibited from misrepresenting themselves as another user; attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others; seeking unauthorized access to any computer system, or damaging or altering software components of any network or database.
- Downloading copyrighted material. U.S. copyright law prohibits the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted materials, except as permitted by the principles of "fair use".
- Any use that interferes with the conduct of Government.
County employees using this service shall conform to the Skagit County Personnel Policy manual including but not limited to specific provision outlining Internet usage.
By accessing Skagit County’s Public Wireless network you agree to the terms and conditions as defined herein.
SKAGIT COUNTY PUBLIC WIRELESS NETWORK NAME:
To receive emails as to password changes on the Skagit Public Wireless Network, sign up for updates that will be delivered to your inbox here;