Global Menu


Auditor: Jeanne Youngquist


Recording Fees
Effective June 7, 2018

Recorded Documents
(Recorded by the Auditors office
from 1973 on)

Historic Recorded Documents
(Recorded by the Auditors office
from 1942 to 1973)

Recording Official Documents
Marriage License Search
Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to the Skagit County Auditor's Recording Division

In the State of Washington, county auditors are the custodians of records pursuant to RCW 65.04.140. As the recorder of official documents, the County Auditor's responsibility is limited to ensuring:
  • The document is legible
  • The document is correctly formatted
  • The instrument contains the document title
  • The indexing information is complete
  • The appropriate fees are collected

The Auditor's Office Recording staff is prohibited from giving or offering legal advice and is not responsible for reviewing the accuracy or content of a document other than as stated above. That responsibility is of the document preparer. Information and forms for proper recording can be found at Recording Official Documents.

Statutory fees are collected for services associated with recording official documents. Payment is required pursuant to RCW Chapter 36.18.010 and is accepted in the form of cash or check only. The current fee schedule may be found at Recording Fees.

Documents recorded prior to 1973 have been converted from film to digital images and are searchable here. Documents recorded after 1973 can be accessed on the County website by using the search function Recorded Document Search.

Copies may be printed as unofficial documents from the website or as official documents from the Auditor's Office. To request official copies please contact the Recording Division at 360-416-1704 or

The Recording Division of the Skagit County Auditor also issues process-server licenses and provides notary public services.

Additional information can be found at the Auditor's Frequently Asked Questions page.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Phone: 360-416-1704
Fax: 360-416-1698