Auditor's Office

Global Menu

Auditor's Office

Auditor: Sandra Perkins


Online Marriage License Application
Now you can apply online and both parties will need to be present for signature to pick up license at the Auditor’s Recording Department.
Marriage License fee is $64.00 (cash or credit card accepted). You have an option to pre-pay $3.00 for a certified copy that will be automatically mailed to you.

There is a 3-day waiting period that begins the day you sign the marriage application and pay the marriage license fee.  You may not get married during this waiting period.  The marriage license is valid for 60 days following the 3-day waiting period.

Marriage License Search

Marriage Licenses

Please read carefully:

  • Marriage licenses are not valid until the third full day after the application is filed and payment is verified at the Auditor’s Office.  For example, if the application is filed on Monday, the first day it can be used is Thursday.  Call our office to confirm receipt of online/mailed applications and payments (360-416-1704).
  • Marriage Licenses are VOID if not solemnized within 60 days of the valid date.
  • Both parties must sign the completed affidavit.  This affidavit must be signed in front of a Deputy Auditor in our office, OR notarized by a Notary Public.
  • Neither a witness nor a blood test is required to obtain a marriage license.
  • The cost for a marriage license is $64.00.  An additional $3.00 is required if you need a certified copy (this is optional). 

Apply for a marriage license:

  • IN PERSON at our office M-F 8:30am – 4:00pm.  Marriage license forms and affidavits are available in our office lobby.  If you have questions, call 360-416-1704 for assistance.  Payment of $64.00 for the marriage license and the (optional) $3.00 for a certified copy, can be made in person with a money order, cash or cashier’s check.

Who is authorized to perform marriages?

State law prescribes who can marry. Under RCW 26.04.050, active and retired justices of the supreme court, judges of the court of appeals, judges of the superior courts, superior court commissioners, any regularly licensed or ordained minister or any priest of any church or religious denomination, and judges of courts of limited jurisdiction may perform marriages.

For more information about marriage licenses please call (360) 416-1704 or email:

Obtaining a copy of a marriage license

Marriage Certificate: Certified copy request form
For more information about obtaining a copy of a marriage license please call (360) 416-1704 or email:

Marriage License Search