Planning and Development Services

Global Menu

Planning and Development Services

Suggest a Policy, Map, or Code Amendment

The Growth Management Act at RCW 36.70A.470(2) allows any interested person, including applicants, citizens, hearing examiners, and staff of other agencies, to request amendments to the Skagit County Comprehensive Plan/Zoning Map or suggest Comprehensive Plan policy amendments or development regulation amendments. Skagit County’s development regulations are contained in Skagit County Code Title 14.

Requests and suggestions must be made on the following forms:

Please do not combine multiple unrelated map amendments on a single form. Skagit County Code Chapter 14.08 governs the process for docketing of policy, map, and code amendments

Fees: requests for map amendments require a Comprehensive Plan Amendment fee; suggestions for policies or development regulations do not require fees.

Deadline: requests and suggestions are due by the last business day of July. 
Requests received after that date will not be considered until the following year’s docket. Docketing is procedural only and does not constitute a decision by the Board of County Commissioners as to whether the amendment will ultimately be approved. Amendments are usually concluded by the end of the year following the request. State law generally prohibits the County from amending its Comprehensive Plan more than once per year.