Coordinator: Joseph Shea
In recognition of the economic and ecological threats caused by invasive, non-native plants, Washington State has enacted laws to control the introduction and spread of these noxious weeds.
The Washington State Weed Board and the Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) county noxious weed control boards share the responsibility of implementing the state's noxious weed law (Chapter 17.10 RCW).
- An Overview of WSDA's Quarantine Laws
- Chapter 16-750 WAC - Washington State Noxious Weed List and Schedule of Monetary Penalties
- Chapter 17.10 RCW - Noxious Weeds - Control Boards
- Chapter 17.04 RCW - Weed Districts
- Chapter 17.06 RCW - Intercounty Weed Districts
- Chapter 16-752 WAC - Noxious Weed Control (WSDA's Weed Law)
- Chapter 16-402 WAC - Freedom from Infestation (WSDA's Weed Law)
- Chapter 17.24 RCW - Insect Pests and Plant Diseases (WSDA's Weed Law)