Skagit County, Washington
October 26, 2016
NOTICE OF ELECTION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN: on Tuesday, November 8th, 2016, there will be a General Election for the voters of Skagit County. Voters will elect candidates to federal, state, and local offices, and vote on state and local measures.
The registration deadlines for voting in the November 8th, 2016 General Election are:
- All mail registrations must be postmarked no later than Monday October 10th;
- All online registrations and voter updates, including in-state transfers, must be received no later than Monday October 10th;
- First-time registrants and voters transferring from other states may register in person only at Skagit County Elections, contact information below, from Tuesday October 11th through Monday October 31st.
Voters' pamphlet/Online Voters’ Guide
Printed voters’ pamphlets will be mailed to each household in Skagit County about the time ballots are mailed. Skagit County’s online voters’ guide is available at this address:
The online voters’ guide will be on our website, address below.
Canvassing and Certification
Canvassing of ballots begins Wednesday, October 19th and continues until certification on Tuesday November 29th. Canvassing occurs at Skagit County Elections, address below.
The County Canvassing Board will meet on the following dates to deal with challenged ballots:
- Tuesday, November 15th, 10:00 AM. Please note the change from the previously announced 1:30 PM.
- Tuesday, November 22nd, 1:30 PM. This meeting will occur only if needed.
- Tuesday November 29th, 1:30 PM (Certification).
Skagit County Elections Contact information
Contact Skagit County Elections to register, get a ballot, or learn more about voter registration and elections:
Skagit County Auditor’s Office, Elections Department
700 S. Second St, Room 201/PO Box 1306
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: (360) 416-1702
For voters needing help with physical disability issues, Skagit County Elections is a designated accessibility site.