Skagit County, Washington
October 24, 2016
Reminders for voters
SKAGIT COUNTY – All registered voters in Skagit County should now have received their ballots for the 2016 General election. The Skagit County Auditor’s Office would like to provide these reminders for voters as they prepare their ballots for return:
- When is Election Day?
- The 2016 General Election is Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
- What is the deadline for getting my ballot in?
- All ballots must be received prior to 8:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 8th.
- Ballot drop boxes are open 24 hours a day until 8:00 p.m. Election Day.
- Ballots sent by USPS must be POSTMARKED no later than November 8, 2016. Check with your postmaster if it is close to Election Day to ensure that will happen!
- Ballots postmarked after November 8th cannot be counted.
- What’s the best way to return my ballot?
- After marking your ballot, insert it in the secrecy sleeve and return envelope, seal and sign the return envelope and it is ready to return!
- The ballot may be mailed through the U.S. Post Office with standard postage.
- The ballot may be dropped in any one of the nine ballot drop boxes listed on the insert in your ballot packet. Ballots deposited in a drop box do not require postage.
- If returning by USPS be sure it can be postmarked prior to Election Day! Otherwise, drop it in one of the ballot boxes so it is received timely.
- How important is your signature on the ballot return envelope?
- No ballot may be counted without a valid signature on the return envelope.
- If you signed the envelope but the signature does not match that of your voter registration card you will be sent a letter requesting you update your signature card.
- Be sure to respond timely according to the letter’s instructions so your ballot can be counted!
- “The Dog ate my ballot”…….can I get another one?
- Replacement ballots are available from the Skagit County Auditor’s Office.
- Additional Voter’s Pamphlets are also available at the Auditor’s Office.
Find more information about the Skagit County Auditor’s Office online at www.skagitcounty.net/elections. For questions or more details, please contact the Skagit County Election Department at 360-416-1702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.