Welcome to Skagit County

Global Menu

Welcome to Skagit County

Skagit County Logo

October 1, 2020

Second-half property taxes are due November 2; deadline won’t be extended

Skagit County property owners have until November 2 to pay the second half of their 2020 property taxes. After that date, interest charges and penalties will be added to the tax bill.

While Skagit County did offer extensions to those who requested them for the first half taxes, an extension of the second half deadline could create substantial financial risk for many cities, school districts, fire districts, hospital districts and other special purpose districts. These jurisdictions rely heavily on the timely receipt of the year’s second installment of property tax revenue to make December debt service payments. 

The Treasurer’s office remains closed to the public, but there are many ways to do business. There are several ways taxpayers can pay their taxes quickly and conveniently.

  • Taxpayers can pay by mail if postmarked no later than November 2, 2020. Taxpayers should write their property ID on their check or money order if they don’t have an accompanying coupon to send with the check. Cash should not be sent through the mail. The Treasurer’s office mailing address is PO Box 518, Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
  • Utilize one of two specially marked drop boxes on the downtown campus. There is one in the parking lot downstairs from the County’s downtown campus (700 South 2nd Street, Mount Vernon, WA 98273) as well as one just outside the Treasurer's office door. Please do not leave cash in the drop box.
  • Online via our website using a credit card or E-check. There is an additional service fee of 2.35% to use a credit card that is paid to the credit card processor. The Treasurer’s Office is currently waiving the fee for E-checks due to COVID-19.
  • Until October 15, taxpayers can sign up for bill pay service. There is no fee for this service and taxes are automatically withdrawn from a designated bank account on the tax due date.     
  • If paying with cash, please call the Treasurer's office at 360-416-1750 to make an appointment. Please do not mail or drop box cash.   

For questions about missing tax statements or other tax payment information, visit the website or contact the Treasurer's office at 360-416-1750.
Information on senior citizen exemption and deferral programs can be obtained on the Skagit County Assessor’s website.