Welcome to Skagit County

Global Menu

Welcome to Skagit County

Skagit County Logo

September 8, 2023

Call for Applications for Noxious Weeds Control Board

The Noxious Weed Control Board works with the Public Works Department to oversee noxious weed coordination in Skagit County and makes recommendations as to which noxious weeds are classified for control each year. The Board also serves as a resource in the community for the control process and represents the community’s priorities to the County.

The Noxious Weed Board consists of five members to represent each weed district in Skagit County and meets quarterly in Mount Vernon at the Commissioners Administrative Building. More information about the Noxious Weeds Board is available here.

Currently, there are two vacancies on the Noxious Weeds Board in districts three and four. To be eligible for these seats, applicants must live in either district three or four and be engaged in the primary production of agriculture. Appointments to the Noxious Weeds Board expire after four years.

Please follow the link to access the application form.

You may also prepare a letter of interest with the following information:

  • Name, physical address, phone number, email address;
  • Personal statement, including any applicable expertise and experience;
  • Disclosure of membership in, or affiliation with, any relevant interest groups.

To submit your application, or for questions about the Noxious Weeds Board, please email Madelyn Loy, Noxious Weed Coordinator, at mloy@co.skagit.wa.us