Welcome to Skagit County

Global Menu

Welcome to Skagit County

Skagit County Logo

April 1, 2020

Social Services available to Skagit County Residents

Stay home, stay healthy. The only way for us to stop the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home as much as possible. We will be sending regular emails like this to provide information on local response efforts, available resources and how to keep yourself safe during this difficult time. 

Update: Skagit County currently has 143 confirmed cases of COVID-19. This information is updated daily at 2 p.m. on our website, www.skagitcounty.net/coronavirus. 

We know it may be difficult for many of you to work, support your families or go about your daily activities. Fortunately, our community has stepped up to help those in need during this time.
Feeding our Community:

  • Several food banks in Skagit County are offering food pick-ups to help families in need. Please note that food bank distribution times and locations are subject to change. Please contact the food bank directly for updates.
  • Skagit County school districts are providing meals for kids during the mandatory closures, either by pick up or delivery. Visit your school district's website for more information about meal offerings.
  • If you are a service provider, and would like to know about regional meal sites for school aged kids, visit Northwest Educational Service District (NWESD 189) for an overview of resources in the area.

Feeding our Seniors: All Skagit County Senior Centers are closed and not providing congregate meals. If you or a loved one are sixty years of age or older and are interested in picking up meals from your local senior center or applying for Meals on Wheels, please visit the Skagit County Senior Services website.  

Caring for our kids:

  • NWESD school districts have stepped up to provide childcare for the children of first responders, healthcare workers and other essential employees. For more information on eligibility and to find out about childcare resources in your school district, please visit NWESD's website. 
  • If you are a childcare provider or community partner interested in organizing an emergency childcare center for medical professionals and other priority workforce groups around the state please contact the Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families at emergencychildcare@dcyf.wa.gov
  • If you are an essential worker who needs childcare, you can call the Child Care Aware Family center at (800) 446-1114 or visit their website to search for childcare centers in your area.

Caring for our animals:

  • If you need dog, cat or other small animal feed during this time, you can contact the Skagit Humane Society at 360-757-0445 during business hours to arrange a pick up or delivery of feed. 
  • If you care for large animals, you can contact Skagit Animals in Need by email at skagitanimalsinneed@gmail.com or by phone at 360-708-9506 to apply for food assistance.
  • If you care for horses, you can contact the Hay Burner Project, a local equine food bank for possible assistance. They are best reached at thehayburnerproject@gmail.com

Caring for each other:

Skagit Community Foundation has started a fund in conjunction with EDASC and United Way to accept donations that they will grant to nonprofits helping those in need due to this crisis. 

Additional resources: Additional resources are available on the State COVID-19 response page or through Skagit County's resource assistance line at 360-416-1892. 

If you have questions for Skagit County Public Health, you can call 1-360-416-1500 between 8:30am and 4:30pm 7 days a week.