Geographic Information Services
Director: Geoff Almvig
Color Ortho-Photography of Skagit County
Provided by Space Imaging
This aerial data was collected in late July and early August of 2001. The data is one meter multi-spectral and available in several formats. The image covers much of the low elevation areas of Skagit County.
Select documents are in the Pdf format. You need the Acrobat Reader plug-in to view and/or print these files.
You can download Acrobat Reader here.
For more details on DAIS
HARDCOPY (Paper Maps)
- Covers a township (20 maps in the series)
- 1:12,000 with road and water names and some points of interest.
- Example of the map
- Sample of Image
- $15 each for normal paper or $20 each for glossy paper (payment by check made out to "Skagit County")
Digital data requires that you agree to our license restrictions imposed by Space Imaging. The license agreement must be accepted with a signature before we can ship the data. Download the two License agreements, use restrictions, and Liability disclaimer
- We provide a Mr.Sid compressed true color version of the data.
- CD Library. Come to our office and borrow the CD for a week (no charge).
- Request a CD for $75 and $10 for shipping if needed (checks only please).
- A guide on using Mr.Sid data
- For those people with remote sensing software capabilities you may request the raw data. This data is 16 bit data that totals 20 gigs and comes in Erdas Imagine (.img) format. For more details see the Brief description of DAIS data
- Please contact our office to discuss ways to transfer the data to you and costs of different options.