Food Safety

Global Menu

Food Safety

Director: Jennifer Johnson
Taking Over an Existing Food Service Establishment

Skagit County Health Department food permits are issued to the person operating the food service establishment, not the facility itself. If you are taking over an existing food service establishment, you must apply for a new permit under your name.

IF you are remodeling the FSE you are taking over, OR are substantially changing the menu, a plan review needs to be submitted to the Health Department.

IF you are simply taking over an existing FSE, AND will be keeping the same menu, you need only complete a new Food Service Application and pay the appropriate fee.