The Skagit County Fire Marshal’s Office is reminding everyone that a burn ban is still in effect. The amount of predicted rainfall will not lessen the current fire danger in our region. Recreational fires are still allowed in unincorporated areas of Skagit County that meet all the required safety requirements with fire pits and available water on site. Check with State parks, the National Forest Service, the Department of Natural Resources, or any Private Camping Resorts for their rules prior to starting any recreational fires. Contact our burn information line for further information at 360-416-1840
Within unincorporated Skagit County, burn permits are required for piles exceeding 4 feet by 4 feet. Burn permit requests may be submitted by phone at 360-416-1840, and will be processed in the order that they are received.
Residential yard and land-clearing fires may contain only natural vegetation (leaves, grass, and tree trimmings).
Garbage, household trash, lumber, building construction waste, or demolition debris may not be burned.
Please burn responsibly. Remember: smoke, odor, or ash that unreasonably interferes with the use and enjoyment of neighboring properties is prohibited.
A division of the Planning and Development Services Department, the Fire Marshal's Office provides the following services:
- Review of permit applications for consistency with the International Fire Code (e.g., structure construction, driveway fire access (standards), fire flow, sprinkler systems, alarms, egress, and venting)
- Annual inspections of commercial construction (checklist) for consistency with the International Fire Code
- Outdoor burning and fireworks permitting and regulation
- Outreach and education programs about fire safety
The Fire Marshal’s Office administers the following codes:
- Emergencies Dial: 911
- Outdoor burning information and permits: 360-416-1840
- Business annual inspection request line: 360-416-1845
- Deputy Fire Marshal Bonnie LaCount: 360-416-1842
- Deputy Fire Marshal Chris Bonsen: 360-416-1843
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Business Hours 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Links of Interest