SKAGIT COUNTY FERRY HAUL-OUT
Skagit County ferry haul-out to take place from September 28 through October 25, 2015
2015 FERRY FARE INCREASE
On September 8, 2015, the Board of Commissioners approved a fare increase for the Skagit County Ferry System.
The new rates will go into effect October 1, 2015. After September 18, 2015, punch cards, at the current rates, will no longer be available
for purchase. So please plan accordingly. Riders may continue using their unexpired punch cards through September 30, 2015.
New punch cards can be purchased starting September 21, 2015 for use starting October 1, 2015. More information will be available later
this week regarding refunds for unused, unexpired punch cards. Please check our website often for updates to this information.
For more information, please call our ferry office, at (360) 293-6433, or contact Rachel Rowe, Ferry Operations Division Manager, at (360) 416-1400, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUNCH CARD REFUNDS
On September 8, 2015, the Board of Skagit County Commissioners approved a fare increase for the Skagit County Ferry System. In accordance with Resolution R20150261, the new rates will go into effect October 1, 2015. The Board of Skagit County. [more]
Portable gas containers
Each vehicle or vehicle and trailer is allowed no more than two 6-gallon containers of gasoline, subject to the following:
- No single container shall exceed a maximum water capacity of 6 gallons;
- Gasoline containers must be UL or USCG approved;
- Portable containers must be tightly closed, not missing any parts, and stowed in a secure manner to the satisfaction of ferry personnel;
- Portable containers must not be transported in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle;
- Each owner or operator of a vehicle must advise ferry personnel of the presence in or on their vehicle of any portable containers of gasoline;
- Gasoline containers shall be made available for inspection by ferry personnel, and a visual inspection must be performed before any containers are allowed onboard;
- Any container showing deterioration which might affect its integrity will not be allowed onboard the vessel;
- Smoking is not allowed onboard the ferry at any time.
Portable gasoline containers may only be transported in the open bed of a pick-up truck or on an open trailer. Portable gas containers cannot be transported in the trunk of a vehicle and cannot be carried onboard by a walk-on passenger or in a wheelbarrow.