Geographic Information Services
Director: Geoff Almvig
To view the Flood Insurance Rate Maps, please follow these instructions:
- Got to the FEMA Flood Map Sore at: http://store.msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FemaWelcomeView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1
- Pick “Map Search” on the right side of the screen. The MSC Product Map Search will open.
- Enter your “Zip Code” and pick “Go”. The map will refresh and show your area.
- Pick the “Point” tool on the left side of the MSC Product Map Search screen.
- Move your cursor to the spot you are interested in and pick the spot with your left mouse button. A “Map Search Result” page will be displayed asking you to “check the products that you would like to add to the shopping cart”. Pick the “View” option to view the map area. This will launch the “MSC Digital Post Office” map viewer showing the scanned FRIM map.
- At this point, you have the option of navigating to the area you are interested in or you can create a FIRMette which is a nice little map.
- To make the FIRMette pick the “Make FIRMette” button and use the “MSC Digital Post Office” tools to produce the map.