Clerk's Office

Global Menu

Clerk's Office

Skagit County Clerk: Melissa Beaton
How Do I get a Protection Order | Who Can I Talk With? | Domestic Violence | Sexual Assault | Vulnerable Adults | Anti-Harassment
Anti Harassment Protection Order

Who can Obtain an Anti Harassment Protection Order?

If you do not meet the definitions for a Domestic Violence or Sexual Assault Protection Order and someone is bothering you (such as a neighbor), you may qualify for an Anti Harassment Protection Order if you meet the following definition:

Unlawful harassment means a knowing and willful course of conduct directed at a specific person which seriously alarms, annoys or harasses such person and which serves no legitimate or lawful purpose. The course of conduct shall be such as would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress and shall actually cause substantial distress to the petitioner.

Where can I get one?

If the abuser lives in Skagit County or the harassing acts occurred in Skagit County, you can get an Anti Harassment Order at Skagit County District Court. There is a filing fee for initiating an Anti Harassment action, plus the cost to have the other party served. If this presents a hardship to you, you can ask for paperwork to have these requirements waived.