Skagit County Superior Court

Family Law Facilitators

Esme Romero and Darcy MacKenzie-Mehlhaff
205 West Kincaid, 3rd Floor
Mount Vernon, WA  98273
For appointments call (360) 416-1200

Hours 8:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. by appointment only

Spanish speaking facilitator is available.

The Family Law Facilitators provide assistance, coordination, development and direction of services relating to family law issues for unrepresented litigants.The Family Law Facilitators are available on:

Monday through Friday, 8:45 – 4:00 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY

Costs: $20.00 per ½ hour appointment (effective 1/1/10); paid prior to appointment. Certain credit cards are accepted. You may also pay-by-phone.

Payment: Clerk’s Office. Courthouse, 1st floor

Please arrive for your appointment at least ten minutes early to allow time to pay the fee at the Clerk’s Office.

Spanish speaking facilitator is available on Thursdays and Fridays

The Family Law Facilitators are not attorneys and are prohibited from practicing law.


Call the Court Administration (360) 416-1200 to set up appointment

Download Disclaimer from Superior Court's website and print.

Follow instructions to pay $20.00 for appointment fee and put confirmation number on Disclaimer.


  • If you do not know your case number, you can find it at:
  • If you have not yet filed a case and do not have a case number, use all zeros when asked to provide a case number.

Customer instructions for paying for Court Facilitator appointments:

Credit Card payments may be made online through nCourt, There is a service fee for processing payment(s) online or over the phone. The total charge amount will be displayed prior to submitting the payment. To make a payment by phone, please call (877) 793-8935 Mon-Fri 7am-9pm and Sat-Sun 9am-6pm EST.

Once you have submitted your payment, you will receive an email letting you know if the court has accepted or rejected your payment.

To better serve you and to ensure you are prepared for your appointment, please refer to the Family Law outlines which are located on the Superior Court/forms page.


Appointments for your final dissolution or legal separation cannot be done telephonically. Refunds are not available for missed appointments.