Planning and Development Services
Director: Dale Pernula
Concrete Nor'west Gravel Operation Near Grip RoadSpecial Use Permit Application PL16-0097
Concrete Nor'west has proposed a gravel mine operation near Grip Road. Gravel will be removed from the site by truck and trailer and transported to market or one of Concrete Nor'west's nearby facilities for processing. The site is accessed from Grip Road on an existing private gravel road. The subject site is located within the Rural Resource-Natural Resource Land zone and within the mineral resource overlay.
Because there were factual discrepancies in Concrete Nor’West’s application, project description, SEPA Checklist, traffic study, and fish & wildlife site assessment, Skagit County requested updated materials from the applicant. Once Skagit County reviews the updated materials, it will issue a revised SEPA threshold determination for public comment and hearing. Since certain neighbors were inadvertently excluded from the original notice list prepared by the applicant, Skagit County will update the list and ensure that proper notice is provided. Subsequently, Skagit County will revise its Staff Report regarding the Special Use Permit. A public comment period and hearing before the Hearing Examiner will follow.
The next public hearing will be delayed until these additional studies and analysis are completed.
Submit comments via our webform at www.skagitcounty.net/pdscomments.
- Comments received through April 8, 2017 (March 8 - April 18, 2017)
- Application Status Letter (March 15, 2017)
- Letter from PDS to Concrete Nor’West requesting more information (March 14, 2017)
- Comments received through March 7, 2017 (February 5 - March 7, 2017)
- Comments received through February 3, 2017 (January 23 - February 3, 2017)
- Comments received through January 23, 2017 (January 23, 2017)
- Notice of Development Application (published December 15, 2016)
- Planning & Development Services Staff Report (September 12, 2016)
- Letter from WA State Department of Ecology (June 1, 2016)
- SEPA Mitigated Determination of Non-Significance (May 26, 2016)
- Special Use Permit Application PL16-0097 (March 7, 2016)
- SEPA Checklist (March 2, 2016)
- Preliminary Traffic Information Plan (February 8, 2016)
- Graham-Bunting Associated Fish and Wildlife Site Assessment (August 20, 2015)
For more information, contact:
John Cooper, Senior Planner